Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hatersgonnahate

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
is there an app to remove old cydia repositories?

the errors are starting to annoy me. even though some of the old repositories have been deleted? do i have to do thhrough SSH? hopefully not

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
SSH is one options, you can use a program like PhoneDisk, or iPhoneExplorer on your PC, or you can use iFile on the iPhone itself. Go to /Private/etc/apt/sources.list.d/. Open the file call Cydia.list, and edit the repos there, you can deleted them all, or just the one that you are having issues with.

Save the file and reload cydia. That should do it.

hatersgonnahate

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
SSH is one options, you can use a program like PhoneDisk, or iPhoneExplorer on your PC, or you can use iFile on the iPhone itself. Go to /Private/etc/apt/sources.list.d/. Open the file call Cydia.list, and edit the repos there, you can deleted them all, or just the one that you are having issues with.

Save the file and reload cydia. That should do it.

just to clarify...

if i use iFile, i dont have to connect my iphone to my pc/mac right?

never used ifile.:D

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
just to clarify...

if i use iFile, i dont have to connect my iphone to my pc/mac right?

never used ifile.:D

No you don't, all you need is in your iPhone already, just open iFile, navigate to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/, Click on the file name "cydia.list", (it will show you its content at this point), click edit on the top left corner, erase everything (or the problematics repos) and them click "save" on the top right corner and you are done.

hatersgonnahate

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
No you don't, all you need is in your iPhone already, just open iFile, navigate to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/, Click on the file name "cydia.list", (it will show you its content at this point), click edit on the top left corner, erase everything (or the problematics repos) and them click "save" on the top right corner and you are done.

thanks man. i really appreciate it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.