removing otterbox defender screen protector?

ribbon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
I'm thinking about buying an otterbox defender, but the screen protector really annoys me and i think it's unnecessary. is it possible to have it removed? is it hard to do it?

if i could remove it i'd probably go with an antiglare "screen protector" and that's it: no more sleeves, smart covers or any other thing.

thanks in advance!

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
I'm thinking about buying an otterbox defender, but the screen protector really annoys me and i think it's unnecessary. is it possible to have it removed? is it hard to do it?

if i could remove it i'd probably go with an antiglare "screen protector" and that's it: no more sleeves, smart covers or any other thing.

thanks in advance!
What I did was just simply punch it out, but you'd be better served if you took a hairdryer and warm the edges of the plastic so you can easily peel it away.

rgctx

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2012

thanks in advance!

I agree, but its there to protect dust,raindrops,dirt,etc from getting into the ipad. Once you remove it your going to get all kinds of stuff in the cracks.

It annoys me to.

Azzin

macrumors 601
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.

thanks in advance!
I just "pushed" mine through at the corner to allow me to then turn it over and pull it off from the other side.

Then I removed the sticky residue with some thinner and that was it.

I always use MediaDevil screen protectors and that's what went on my iPad as soon as it came out if the box (and before the Defender had arrived).

ribbon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
and is that enough protection? i mean, if you guys take your screen protector off, do you carry around your ipad just in the otterbox, or you put it into a sleeve or something like that?