Removing Parallels 6

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by crazy$hark, Jul 12, 2011.

1. crazy$hark macrumors regular

crazy$hark

I want to completely remove Parallels 6 from my mac. How can I do this so that all the files associated with Parallels are removed? Should I remove the virtual machines first? Also will removing the virtual machines/unninstalling parallels remove all the files in the virtual machines (like my documents in windows)?:confused:

2. emiljan macrumors 6502

emiljan

Use the uninstaller that came with Parallels. If you downloaded Parallels from the web, you can open up the .dmg file and the uninstaller is there. The uninstaller is the only program that can totally remove the program.

Also once the program is removed then you can remove the virtual machines with no worries.

3. crazy$hark thread starter macrumors regular

crazy$hark

If i delete my virtual machines, are the documents (that are on the machine) also removed or do i have to remove them separately?

4. emiljan macrumors 6502

emiljan

If you delete the virtual machines it removes everything that was associated with them.

5. TPadden macrumors 6502a

Depends on where they are stored; if you use a bootcamp partition deleting the VM should leave documents / files that were stored on the windows partition where they were.

6. dfaust macrumors newbie

Please excuse my intrusion into this thread...but I need help removing Parallels...

I have uninstalled Parallels 6... but I still have all of the "Windows" apps showing in the OSX Lion Launch Pad. How do I remove all of this stuff?