Removing phone number from iMessage on iPad but keep it on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Skoal, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Skoal macrumors 65816

Is there a way to delete a phone number associated in iMessage on an iPad while still using it on an iPhone? I know you can turn iMessage off but if you turn it back on the number reappears. I have a daughter that finds it hilarious to read her older sisters texts much to the older daughters dismay. Ya fun times!

They've been Sharing an account since they were young but now that they Are older it's become an issue as you can imagine.

I've looked into it but did t see anything outside of creating a new account for one device which I'd rather avoid if possible. Thanks for insight you folks might have.

2. Cmd-Z macrumors 6502

Cmd-Z

You can unselect the phone number in Settings for iMessage and FaceTime, and just rely on an email address as a point of contact, but the younger daughter can simply re-select the phone number.

I realize you don't want to set up a new account, but that really is the solution here. They each can and should have separate IDs for iCloud. If desired, they can share an ID for purchases while using separate IDs for iCloud (i.e. iMessage and FaceTime). Setting up a new ID for one of the girls really is the best solution, why are you avoiding that?