Removing photos from phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Jan 14, 2014.

1. tl01 macrumors 68000

How can I removed some of the photos from my phone that I have taken with my iPhone? I have a 5 running iOS 7.

2. cynics macrumors G4

Photos app select photo then the trash can icon.

I have to be missing something? Is that what you meant?

3. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

in an album press select, select photos to delete then press the trash can. isn't rocket science.

4. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68000

I have a gazillion photos... I was looking for an easier way. Most of the 32 gb of storage space on my phone is photos.

5. maliu macrumors 6502a

Sync the phone and uncheck the sync box on the photos tab. It will remove all of them. Be sure to save them somewhere first if you don't want to lose them all together.

6. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68000

They are not checked to sync. I tried this tonight:(. They are all in iPhoto, on my hard drive back up (time machine), and all in a cloud service backed up as full size photos and videos.

7. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Ok so from what I gather you already have the required backup for the photos ... best bet right now would be to DELETE ALL from camera roll then use iPhoto to create Events/Albums and sync them back via Photo option in iTunes

Now to delete all from Camera Roll is a bit tricky as iOS doesnt allow it..

What you can do is use iPhoto or Image Capture app on a Mac to IMPORT all photos from the Camera Roll ... and after import, the app prompts you if you want to remove all the imported ones from the phone ... just select Yes and you are done :) (You can of course remove these imported ones from the app)

8. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68000

Interesting... When it asks if I want to delete all... I assumed it was asking me for the ones imported into iPhoto in the last import. But you are saying it really will just delete all?

9. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

If you do Import All and then do the delete option later it should empty out the Camera Roll

10. Parkin Pig macrumors 6502a

Parkin Pig

Image Capture

+1 for Image Capture.

As you mentioned iPhoto I presume you have a Mac.
    If you connect your phone to the Mac and launch 'Image Capture', you can select as many photos as you like at once and delete them.