Removing Pin-dents from base of MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by evro50, Mar 13, 2011.

1. evro50 macrumors newbie

So by accident I dropped my new MBP and now it has a small pin dent on the bottom...nothing major but of course my OCD is taking over. Can anything be done? Cost?

2. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

If its the bottom on the newer MBP, you could just replace the bottom panel. They're probably available on eBay.

3. barebackbadger8 macrumors 6502

barebackbadger8

from ebay uk, but can be brought! http://bit.ly/dRS4vq so im assuming they can be brought in the us
    not sure if these are for the new mbp

4. Jiten macrumors 6502a

Jiten

If its not that bad, you can also use a hardcase like a Speck or Incase shell to cover the bottom of my unit. It could be cheaper then buying a new bottom part.

5. Tonepoet macrumors regular

I've read anodized aluminum needs to be entirely resurfaced to get rid of any scratches. That's why I ordered a case for my MBP right away. Unfortunately I did get one little mark on the case before the case arrived but I doubt anybody will notice unless it's put under scrutiny.

Also your bottom plate has your serial number on it. If you take it into a store to be fixed and don't have the original, the discrepancy between the about box and the bottom plate may void any applicable warranty under the modification or defacement clauses.

6. barebackbadger8 macrumors 6502

barebackbadger8

he could always keep the original, then if any problems occur take the replacement off and put the old one on!

7. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

pics please ... curious to see what you find so unbearable :cool: