Removing Pitaka case seems impossible

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by white4s, Nov 2, 2018.

1. white4s macrumors 68000

I've tried but it feels like I can't take it off without breaking or scratching the phone. I watched their how to video but it's definitely not that easy.

2. now i see it macrumors 68040

Some cases definitely do risk damaging the phone trying to remove them. Horrible designs. Maybe try placing it under a lamp to heat it up a bit to make it more flexible. Once you get that sucker off, toss it in the trash. Cases should come off easily with no fuss.
    I had a Speck candy shell grip case (for a week) that almost bent my phone trying to remove it— to the trash

3. white4s thread starter macrumors 68000

So spend $50 on a case then throw it away for absolutely no reason, riiight.

4. now i see it macrumors 68040

The reason to discard it is because there's a good chance of bending your phone every time you try to take the damn thing off.

5. white4s thread starter macrumors 68000

I wouldn't be taking it off often, just once in a while to clean out the dust that's all. Your reasoning to throw away a $50 case is just absurd

6. jona2125 macrumors 6502a

I'd contact Pitaka about this they're very good with customer service. It's could be a poorly formed case or some sort of defect, haven't had any issues with my Pitaka cases trying to remove them. I just push the camera with my thumb while pulling the opposite direction on the sides and out it comes fairly easy. It's a good fit but shouldn't be that good.

7. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

I definitely don't want to have the case so tight it can't be removed without serious effort but, I also don't want the phone to come out of the case when dropped from waist height. I've seen both firsthand.. I use a Spigen ultra hybrid for my X and it's towards the tight side but, nothing like the Rhinoshield Playproof case I had for my 6s. That was a mother to get off the phone..

8. white4s thread starter macrumors 68000

Haha it worked. Appreciate it
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2018 ---
    I got it. All good

9. jona2125 macrumors 6502a

Hell yeah glad to hear it :)

10. white4s thread starter macrumors 68000

Never thought to push the camera out first, genius move. Have you seen their video? There's no way it's that easy like that

11. egraphixstudios macrumors 6502

egraphixstudios

I took it off last week to setup esim and broke a nail taking the case off.

Its a one tough mofo as its carbon fibre.

12. white4s thread starter macrumors 68000

It is but push through the camera slot. Much easier