Removing Podcasts

Discussion in 'iPod' started by MattV151, Jan 28, 2008.

1. MattV151 macrumors newbie

OK I have a large number of podcasts that i watch. Under each of them there is a list of casts available and all I have to do is click get and it down loads for me to watch. Anyway, Is there a way to delete these casts from the computer, so they arent taking up a bunch of space, but keep them in the list so if I ever want to download them again and watch them I can. Does this make since?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Well, you could select each episode and hit the delete key on your keyboard. When prompted, select "add to trash."

In iTunes > Preferences > Podcasts you can chose to have past podcasts automatically deleted based on certain parameters.

EDIT: After re-reading your post, I think I understand your question a bit better. After a podcast has been deleted, you can unsubscribe from the podcast feed and then re-subscribe, so all of the episodes show up again (with the "get" button beside each one).

3. MattV151 thread starter macrumors newbie

But theres no way just to get rid if individual casts without unsubscribing to the whole post cast and then resubscribing?

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Exactly what are you trying to do?

If you want to just delete a podcast, select it, and hit delete. Then, when prompted, select "move to trash." That's it.

...But if you want the deleted episodes to show up again (in light grey, with the button to re-download), you need hit unsubscribe and subscribe to make those appear.