Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DudeMartin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Hello.

Earlier today I asked a question here and got very useful responses, so let's try again :D!

Now about the title, I couldn't figure out what to call it besides the Recently Installed Program icon ... of course that's not the real name for it though.

The picture is here:

installedprogramicon.png

The icon that I want you to look at is 'ScreenFlow.' Usually, when I install a program that icon is there until I open it once (and it asks, it was downloaded from the Internet, are you sure you want to open?). However, this icon did not go away after opening it once, in fact, I opened it multiple times.

Does anyone know how to make the icon appear as it does on the Dock when opened?

Thanks a lot!

0hy3ah

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2011
I've had that happen a few times to me, tonight actually! I have no real rhyme or reason... but it never lasts, for me at least! Normally after a restart or just shutting down for the night and coming back the next day the normal (real) icon appears. Hope it does for you too! :)

DudeMartin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Okay, I rarely restart my laptop so I will have to do that then.

Thanks guys!

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
If the restart didn't fix this, here's something else you could try:

Click the suspect icon so it's selected then press Command + I to Get Info on it. In the Get Info window click the icon in the upper left corner (it will get the selection highlight around it) and then press Delete. If this works, the correct icon will take it's place and you can close the Get Info window. If not, it was worth a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.