Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gosh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Hi,

Tried a third party software program called Yojimbo and then decided to Trash it.

It has left remnants in contextual menus such as dotMac Sync. Any thoughts on how I get rid of it?:confused:

Merry Christmas!:)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Well, according to the software developer, there are pieces in between .Mac and Yojimbo that change on installation that cannot be undone. You might look in the .Mac preferences to see if there's anything you can do, assuming you have .Mac (I can't see the prefs as I don't have .Mac).

But it seems to me, hmmm, there are a couple of other options to look at...

(2) Find Contextual Menu Items in the /Library folder and see if there's a plugin it left in there; if there is, trash it.

(3) Try AppZapper to further uninstall Yojimbo

(4) Try rebuilding the LaunchServices database (at your own risk; see the later replies in this thread).

Gosh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Well, according to the software developer, there are pieces in between .Mac and Yojimbo that change on installation that cannot be undone. You might look in the .Mac preferences to see if there's anything you can do, assuming you have .Mac (I can't see the prefs as I don't have .Mac).

But it seems to me, hmmm, there are a couple of other options to look at...

(2) Find Contextual Menu Items in the /Library folder and see if there's a plugin it left in there; if there is, trash it.

(3) Try AppZapper to further uninstall Yojimbo

(4) Try rebuilding the LaunchServices database (at your own risk; see the later replies in this thread).

Thanks, I'll start trying some of these. It's even embedded in the PDF Print menu! This is where an uninstaller comes in handy!

I can't see any visible file in 'Library - Contextual Menu'?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.