Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I recently updated Safari to version 3.2.1. But im experiencing problems logging in to my Yahoo and Hotmail accounts. How can i go back to the older Safari version?

ppc750fx

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2008
I recently updated Safari to version 3.2.1. But im experiencing problems logging in to my Yahoo and Hotmail accounts. How can i go back to the older Safari version?

You can't.

But you don't need to. Your issues almost certainly have nothing to do with the Safari update.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Well i enter the login page, i type in my l/p and it wont log me in. After a 15min this msg pops up.
Ive reset Safari, deleted the plist file, emptyed cache and still nothing!
Im on a lan and after testing it in other computers it was fine, problems exist only in my G5! Im using Safari 3.2.1 and Tiger10.4.11
Same goes for Hotmail too.

Attachments

• Picture-1.gif
    Picture-1.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 65

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Well i enter the login page, i type in my l/p and it wont log me in. After a 15min this msg pops up.
Im on a lan and after testing it in other computers it was fine, problems exist only in my G5! Im using Safari 3.2.1 and Tiger10.4.11
This is almost certainly a Safari bug. Report it to Apple, so they can fix it in the next Safari update.

drichards

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2008
Your airport card probably dropped your connection but thinks it still has it; a router restart and airport refresh usually do the trick for me.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Your airport card probably dropped your connection but thinks it still has it; a router restart and airport refresh usually do the trick for me.
I have a dual G5 so theres no Airport! The router i dont think has anything to do with it cause i dont have any problem with other sites, so why an issue with yahoo and hotmail email login?

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
I have a dual G5 so theres no Airport! The router i dont think has anything to do with it cause i dont have any problem with other sites, so why an issue with yahoo and hotmail email login?

Wouldn't hurt to try it would it?

ensoniqdap

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2008
Firewall

Who is the manufacturer of your firewall/internet security suite? I used to receive the same message on my PC when I had Safari and System Mechanic Suite installed... no amount of removing and reinstallation fixed it. ONLY deleting System Mechanic and switching to another security suite fixed the issue (I went to Kaspersky- works nice... had grown tired of Symantec Norton's 360 stunk and both 360 and Norton's Internet Security were resource pigs)

David

ppc750fx

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2008
The fact that the issue exists with Firefox indicates that it's not a Safari issue.

Steps to try:

1) Remove any and all "security suites". They're universally crap and provide little to no protection above that which ipfw (Mac OS X's built-in firewall) provides.

2) Seriously, remove any "security suites". They suck. A lot.

3) Try another network connection. Try to eliminate as many steps between you and the outside world as possible.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
well in Firefox i had a kerberos sceurity warning popping up that might have done the issues, when disabled then all worked fine... in Firefox, but Safari... i still have issues!

ppc750fx

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2008
well in Firefox i had a kerberos sceurity warning popping up that might have done the issues, when disabled then all worked fine... in Firefox, but Safari... i still have issues!

Uh... what?

What "security warning" are you referring to?

Can you please provide the exact text of the warning, or a screenshot?

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
All finished, i installed Leopard over Tiger and all runs great! Thanx for everything guys! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.