Removing SAFT

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by merc669, Jun 13, 2007.

1. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

Currently SAFT is as far as I can tell not compatable with Safari 3. I have removed the the SAFT Folder in the Library Input Manager Folder. But now I cannot empty the Trash. How do I get rid of SAFT? Thanks!!

Bill....:apple:

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Quit Safari and try to empty the trash, chances are Safari is still trying to use it hence the error.

If that doesn't work Log out and then log back in again, or just secure empty trash.

4. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

I always used Cocktail to delete it. It has an option to delete locked files, so I put it on the desktop, then use Cocktail to delete it. Cocktail is shareware, though. Not sure if that function is available in the free version.

5. Huddleston macrumors newbie

Huddleston

Hope the "Saft: Delete from Trash" works!

Saft is Really Annoying!!

I rec'd a message via Safari that (suddenly) I needed to upgrade my Saft. I clicked "here" and downloaded what I thought was an update.

Now, I get "Thanks for trying the Demo. Please download the Saft application" EVERY TWO MINUTES! This popup pops up no matter what I'm doing. It makes the Safari icon leap from the bottom of my screen until I address it ("NO!"), every two minutes. How do I get rid of this?

Regardless of the benefits of Saft (which I'm now well aware of, having researched this annoyance), the extremely aggressive marketing is unbelievable. I'm about to pay the 12 bucks just so I can get rid of the popup.

Perhaps the delete suggestion will work. I'll post an update.

Nancy
    tac@tacgraphics.com