Removing Scratches From Back of iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MomoRacer, Jul 5, 2009.

1. MomoRacer macrumors member

Hi all. I bought my 2g iPod touch the day it came out, last september, and throughout the last 10 months, it has been collecting scratches on the back metal part. Mostly just from applying and removing the case and general use. Can anyone recommend a product to get rid of them or do you pretty much just have to get over it? thanks!

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

You really just have to get over them, although if you want you could give it brushed metal look.

3. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

i did that brushed look thing to my first gen iPod touch. it looked awesome and i only needed a sanding block lol took like 3 minutes

4. pilotrtc macrumors regular

A jeweler might know how to remove scratches from metal.

5. Dino451 macrumors 6502

6. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

i tried the brushed metal look, put some masking tape or something on the screen or the metal particles will gouge your screen. it happened to me so put something on the screen to prevent scratches and stuff.

7. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

8. MomoRacer thread starter macrumors member

cool! thanks for the responses!im deciding between the brushed look or ice creme.

9. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

Why worry about the back side?....all the good stuff is on the other side ! :)

10. Ganttman44 macrumors newbie

Ganttman44

Im having the same problem. I put a case on it, turns out the case trapped tiny particles and those particles rubbed circular scratches into the back of my ipod :(

11. shadow1 macrumors member

12. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

It can, although you can also create the brushed look as many times as you want.

13. Steven89 macrumors newbie

If you really wanna get rid of the scratches and not have to worry any more, buy Ice Creme and ClearCal at the same time (http://www.radtech.us/Products/ClearCal.aspx ...anti-glare, transparent or mirror, whichever you prefer; I think transparent is the best because it gives you the most vivid color). Once you have the ClearCal on both the front and back, get a hard case, buy an eye-glass cleaning fabric, cut it to fit the back of your iPod snuggly, and put it in between the case and the iPod Touch. (A leather case with felt backing isn't enough to protect your iPod Touch an may lead to excess scratching in the areas not protected by ClearCal protection.) Then you're set and don't have to worry about it anymore. ;)

14. woodyman macrumors newbie

get serious man! It's a scratch and it shows that you use your IPT on a regular basis! I for one am proud of the scratches on my IPT. I even a small dent on the back that I'm kind of proud of.

15. Twe Foju macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

the only thing i can think of is to apply a gar skin to hide the scratch away

or just use a protective case and get it over with

because i dont think you can ever change the case

16. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Can't believe no one has said brasso yet. I use it for everything including severely scratched CD's.

17. Steven89 macrumors newbie

I've used Brasso on my 1st Gen iPod Nano, and after the second application of it (a good six months after the first), I noticed the Apple logo fading from the back of the iPod. Also, Brasso on the glass (used side) of an iPod Touch or iPhone may hurt the sensitivity of your iPod, which may tamper your use with it, may decrease it's value down the line if you decide to sell it, blah, blah, blah.

18. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

idk

but their is a spray which is used for minor car marks, and scratches, i haven't done it, but it may be a magic formula

:apple: ipod touch 8GB, first gen
    macbook 10.5 leopard, ipod shuffle 2nd gen, ipod nano, 2nd nano