Removing scratches from ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by itouchfan4life, Jan 13, 2009.

1. itouchfan4life macrumors newbie

ok, so i know everybody out there has a ipod touch or regular ipod that starts with a shiny screen, then gets filled up with scratches that make it look ugly.

Does anybody know of a way to remove these scratches?

I know of a few

banana trick- does that work?

toothpaste- ???????

Any homemade or things you can find around the house will be great!

2. Topper59 macrumors member

none of them actually work, you can try but it won't do much.

the only thing you shouldn't try is silver polish/tarnish/whatever its called

There is an ipod scratch remover that you can buy that i heard works pretty good-

Ice Creme is the recommended one at macworld, you can find it here:

http://www.radtech.us/Products/IceCreme.aspx

3. Lopez.T.H. macrumors regular

I dont know how you have so many scratching issues with the touch. Seeing my friends iPhone's screen is still scratch free after 5 months of regular use with no screen protector convinced me that I dont need a protector on my Touch. And with a month of use on my touch I have no scratches, and Im only using the Incase Slider case.

4. itouchfan4life thread starter macrumors newbie

ok

Yeah, i might try the bannana method thing. hopefully it wont ruin my ipod touch. is there any thing else that i could find at home because i am to cheap to buy!

update: AHHHHHHHH ipod touch could not be synced, disk could not read or write????????? WHAT HAPPENED!!!!:eek:

5. itouchfan4life thread starter macrumors newbie

clear up

i am concerned about the scratches on the back

wanted to clear that up:cool:

6. mahakali macrumors newbie

I don't use anything on the touch screen and it's amazingly scratch-free. However, the back side is quite the opposite…

I'll try Ice Cream. Thanks for the info!

7. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Id prefer not to pay $25 dollars for a solution when i can just get a BSE or a case and a screen protector.

8. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

I've used something called Brasso and it works pretty good.

9. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Link?

10. zavannah macrumors newbie

I don't care one bit about the billions of scratches my ipod touch 3G, 32GB has on the back, but the one scratch it got on the screen today made my mood drop to below zero. I've read thousands of posts about how to remove scratches from the screen, and my conclusion is this: IT CAN'T BE REMOVED. So keep on trying with bananas and vaseline for the rest of your life - or freaking live with the giant mega huge scratch.
    Im saving up for the ipod touch 4G that's what I'm doing.

11. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

12. zavannah macrumors newbie

Saxon48... That's ridgidilous funny. But if you had given me that ridgid two hours ago I would have used it on my ipod. I cooled down a little now...

13. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Turn on the display and actually use the device.

14. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

Whenever I've had an Apple mobile device, I've always had a case for it, touches scratch even if they have cases on them, even though I try not to use silicone cases, because they cause scratches on the touch. So instead of paying the money for the scratch remover, buy a nice case. Best advice ever.

15. zavannah macrumors newbie

iPod cases

When my ipod was sprit new, I had it in a nice case. Ok. During the first week with my baby ipod, I wanted to show it to a friend while walking the street. I took my ipod - in the fancy case - up from my purse and when up from the case... it slipped my hand and flew 3 feet up and then it fell 3 feet down again. SMOCK!! Right unto the pavement. Not a single tiny scratch. So I threw out the case. Last night I woke up with my ipod beside me in my soft bed and... the biggest scratch you've ever seen was right there on the screen.

16. paulvincent macrumors newbie

The Shining

Toothpaste concept a waste of time. I tried and my Touch still has cavities.

17. EllieV macrumors 6502

Wait, why did you throw out the case if it protected the iPod from scratching?
    (put on a screen protector, if you have scratches, you know it's not on th screen.)
    (and when people talk about scratches, can you specify whether you mean front or back?)