Removing scratches :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zali0n, Oct 5, 2009.

1. zali0n macrumors regular

Hey everyone, I slid my laptop under my bed last night just before I fell asleep. I've pulled it out this morning and there is a huge scratch all the way across the lid. Does anyone know of anything I can use to perhaps buff it out or something?

Thanks for the info!

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

bro there was a similar post about this recently. No, there is nothing you can do to erase it, except for maybe go back in time.. :D

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Sadly, no:(

The only thing you can do is get the screen case replaced. Dunno how much it will cost, shouldn't be THAT much though...:D

4. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

to hear to that.
    no there is no exact way other than getting that lid replaced.

i noticedthe other day that there were a couple of scratches and dings in my macbook pro 17" unibody on the rest area, which is bizarre, considering its usually closed and i used a wireless keyboard.

i was irked but not much can be done at this point... =\

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

While your Mac may look magical, it is not. Most own a notebook that is aluminum and no matter what people believe it is not magical. It will scratch and the scratches aren't self-healing.

You can try painting it or you can try to stick an even uglier speck hard shell case over it and hope it hides it. Another option is a skin.

7. Goettel macrumors member

I know how you feel, I hate scratches too but think of it as a sign of use! It shows that you bought an expensive laptop as a tool, to use it, not only for the show.

8. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

Do people seriously buy laptops for 'the show'?

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

About as often as people believe 2" somehow will future-proof their machine. ;)

10. cawesjmu macrumors 6502

11. Hayduke60 macrumors regular

I'd go for the Billy Mays stuff. You could use the free vacuum to clean the evil, computer scratching dust bunnies from under your bed.