Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zali0n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2006
Kent, UK
Hey everyone, I slid my laptop under my bed last night just before I fell asleep. I've pulled it out this morning and there is a huge scratch all the way across the lid. Does anyone know of anything I can use to perhaps buff it out or something?

Thanks for the info!

ThirteenXIII

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2008
to hear to that.
no there is no exact way other than getting that lid replaced.

i noticedthe other day that there were a couple of scratches and dings in my macbook pro 17" unibody on the rest area, which is bizarre, considering its usually closed and i used a wireless keyboard.

i was irked but not much can be done at this point... =\

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
While your Mac may look magical, it is not. Most own a notebook that is aluminum and no matter what people believe it is not magical. It will scratch and the scratches aren't self-healing.

You can try painting it or you can try to stick an even uglier speck hard shell case over it and hope it hides it. Another option is a skin.

Goettel

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2008
I know how you feel, I hate scratches too but think of it as a sign of use! It shows that you bought an expensive laptop as a tool, to use it, not only for the show.

shambo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2009
I know how you feel, I hate scratches too but think of it as a sign of use! It shows that you bought an expensive laptop as a tool, to use it, not only for the show.

Do people seriously buy laptops for 'the show'?

Hayduke60

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2009
I'd go for the Billy Mays stuff. You could use the free vacuum to clean the evil, computer scratching dust bunnies from under your bed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.