Removing SIM Card

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by creativeboy, May 10, 2009.

1. creativeboy macrumors newbie

If you remove the SIM card from an iPhone does that disconnect your service from ATT completley?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

In the UK the iPhone does not work at all without a simcard, I believe you can still dial the emergency services though

3. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Yes it does. You can put the Sim card into an unlocked phone and call your number. The unlocked phone will ring, not iPhone.

4. creativeboy thread starter macrumors newbie

After removing the sim card from the iphone 3g is it possible to still use wifi for free? basically its a supped up version of an ipod touch right?

also can anyone explain how to connect to internet by using a home wifi?
    i use verizon dsl but am not sure if the modem box supports wifi capabilities on the iphone.

5. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Wi Fi is free. the DSL and router are not. But yeah it is an iPod touch with a camera and mic.

6. creativeboy thread starter macrumors newbie

can you please help me with connecting to the internet?

7. heavenlyblade macrumors newbie

Do you have a wireless (WiFi) router? if you do your network should appear in your wifi settings. if not, you need to buy one to have wifi in your home.

8. creativeboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Problems getting wifi for iphone from Home network

my iphone connects to my home network but yet cannot connect to the internet. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this situation?