Removing smudges from Apple cases

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PanAm-L1011, Dec 7, 2018.

1. PanAm-L1011 macrumors 6502

Hey Everybody!

I have the Apple Folio and Keyboard Folio for my new iPad. I am annal and OCD and always use my iPad with clean hands and keep the cases away from other materials that could damage them. Both of the cases have smudge marks on them. Quite substantial smug marks - from what I cannot tell. Does anyone have cleaning solutions for them?

2. RevTEG macrumors 6502a

RevTEG

Wash your hands all you want, but skin has natural oils that still comes out. I haven’t noticed any substantial marks on my launch day keyboard folio. However, in the past, when I wanted to clean my original ASK, I used a huggies all natural baby wipe or a simple damp towel/cloth.

The baby wipe brand probably doesn't matter. That’s just what the wife was using on the kid.

3. PanAm-L1011 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, of course. Yours doesn’t have any smudges? If you hold it up in light and move it around you don’t see any smudges? Mine is full of them. I am surprised Apple didn’t put any coating on it. I used a clorox wipe and with some effort it seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the tip.

4. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

Ipadlover29

My Smart Keyboard folio is also full of smudges even though I take care of it. It does seem like my previous Apple iPad case were getting smudges a lot less. Same issue with my smart folio.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I wipe down my smart folio with a damp cloth and a bit if Windex. Removed the smudges and looks like new. It is plastic.

6. PanAm-L1011 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I would agree. I’ve never had that issue with Apple’s covers before. I’d usually get the folio. The issue with those was chunks falling off. In general, I like the new ones a lot better. The Clorox whipe is working very well. Now I have something new to be OCD about :(