Removing Song From Phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oo7ml, Feb 11, 2014.

1. oo7ml macrumors 6502

Hi,

I have my iPhone set up a little different than most people, as i don't want to use iTunes to manage my music collection, so i don't have my iPhone and iTunes in sync.

Instead, i just create a playlist called 'Album Tile' and then i transfer the mp3s over into that playlists.

However, i am not sure how to remove a song from my phone once i do that... for example, if i click on a song in a playlist in iTunes when my phone is connected, i am sure it just deletes the song from my playlist and not the actual phone... can anyone suggest a way to delete it from my phone too (from iTunes)... thanks in advance...

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

The easy way is to sync it. Otherwise delete from the phone by swiping from right to left.

3. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

When your phone is connected to iTunes, navigate to the music on your phone (in iTunes), and delete the song there. You're correct that deleting it from the iTunes playlist won't do anything, as you're not syncing to that.

Or, delete the song directly on your phone by going to the song list and swiping LEFT on the song you want to delete.

4. oo7ml thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks but like I said I don't have the music synced to my iTunes so I can't delete it like that