Removing Spigen button with Glas TR installed

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by cfactor20, Dec 11, 2012.

1. cfactor20 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    just wanted to run this by the people here in case someone else has tried it.

I'm using a Glas TR with the standard Spigen black button installed. I want to switch to the Aluminum button but the jelly button seems to be stuck on pretty hard. Any tips or tricks for removing it? I wouldn't wanna remove the Glas to get it off.

2. jhu2 macrumors member

i took an exacto knife and stuck it into the jelly button, they i slowly pried it off. Make sure you don't stick it too far in, or else you'll scratch the button. You might be able to do the same thing with a toothpick without the worry of scratching the button itself.

3. Gray bishop macrumors regular

I used a very thin eyeglass screwdriver and gently lifted off the jelly part that got my girl to take the rest off with her nails..........

4. Partridge macrumors 6502

Don't use a knife. You'll likely scratch the home button under the spigen.

Take a thin piece of plastic, like the one that they came on, bend it, and then work it under the button. I managed to get mine off that way so I could reposition it.

5. kthnxshwn macrumors regular

6. Koebot macrumors member

Same thing I did. Had to be extra careful.

7. cfactor20 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone. In the end I chickened out of using a knife and just used nails... with some perseverance, it came off.

8. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

this may be a stupid question, but was the iphone home button sticky after you got the sticker off?

9. cfactor20 thread starter macrumors newbie

It was and was a pain to clean up the residue especially with the glas around the button. But all good now.

10. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

Thanks for the answer. I think the buttons look cool but I couldn't take the sticky residue clean up afterwards. It would drive me insane, lol.

11. Koebot macrumors member

Weird. I didn't have any residue when I removed mine. The button came off the adhesive but the adhesive came off as a single sheet.