Removing the iPhone's Default Applications?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by The Sand People, Aug 15, 2008.

1. The Sand People macrumors newbie

Is it possible to remove the iPhone 3g's default applications (ie: Stocks, Weather, etc.)?

I like having my home screens neat and I really do not need applications such as the 'Stocks' application. This is just a little OCD of mine, but does anybody know if it is possible?

2. DipDog3 macrumors 65816

DipDog3

No, you can move them to another screen, that is about all you can do.

3. The Sand People thread starter macrumors newbie

4. eftrix macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

no it's not possible, mabye if you jailbreak it then you might be able to do it but if it's not jailbroken then you will have no luck because I would say that apple have an agreement with whoever made the programs so that you cants delete them, I think that the apps were made from yahoo so hard luck, just jailbreak it if your so desperate but Iust warn you that if you do jailbreak it you will then have the installer app so... Good luck!!!

5. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

If you jailbreak you could likely SSH in and start deleting apps but if you make a mistake it could make things unstable.

Perhaps a better option if your device is jailbroken is to download BossPrefs from Cydia and use it to hide any icons for apps that you don't want to see or use.