Removing the shadows

doyle369

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
I wanted to position my folders like they are, and someone said do it via 'iblank'

is that the best way?

Thanks

rmul86

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
Boston, MA
No, I am not

:(
google ssh iphone and you should find tutorials on how to obtain an ssh program for your computer (free) and how to ssh your phone. What ssh allows you to do is to access your iphone files wireless, as if your iphone were a computer. There is where you can modify alot of files, including your icon shaddow dilemna. I won't go into detail as to how to modify the shadow files until you learn how to do the ssh.

romeo22

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2010
I have downloaded that and winscp

now what?

Thanks
Using WinSCP login into your phone using the ip address that sbsettings gives ya or by going into your network connections under settings, for username use "root" and for pass "alpine" without the quotes ofcourse :)

romeo22

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2010
Yeah

done that mate...

whats next

cheers
If you go into library then themes you should see the theme your using in there if you downloaded one from cydia etc, you can start editing from here, will take time till you get use to whats what but well worth it when you start customizing your themes like mix matching themes etc :) have fun.

doyle369

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
If you go into library then themes you should see the theme your using in there if you downloaded one from cydia etc, you can start editing from here, will take time till you get use to whats what but well worth it when you start customizing your themes like mix matching themes etc :) have fun.

Remember I am trying to delete the shadows yeah?

I cant find themes

romeo22

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2010
Remember I am trying to delete the shadows yeah?

I cant find themes

Ok, Go to root/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app and delete/rename this 2 files WallpaperIconDockShadow.png, WallpaperIconDockShadowT.png

Hope that helps.

rmul86

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
Boston, MA
I cannot remember the specific file path where the shaddow files are located...my advice is for you to google how to remove shadows in your iphone via ssh. That's how I learned, through google.

romeo22

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2010
Yeah just noticed themes arent there, Im assuming you dont have winterboard installed? if thats the case then thats why you dont have themes folder :) but dont worry about it if you just want to get rid of the shodows, if you want to install themes and customize then install winterboard.

doyle369

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Ok, Go to root/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app and delete/rename this 2 files WallpaperIconDockShadow.png, WallpaperIconDockShadowT.png

Hope that helps.

Using the program WinSCP?

doyle369

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Yeah just noticed themes arent there, Im assuming you dont have winterboard installed? if thats the case then thats why you dont have themes folder :) but dont worry about it if you just want to get rid of the shodows, if you want to install themes and customize then install winterboard.

I do have winterboard installed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.