Removing update Badge on AppStore icon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NYYankees, Feb 28, 2009.

1. NYYankees macrumors member

Hey the AOL guys just put through an update for the AIM app for the iPhone. However, this new version has ads on it. Can I choose not to accept the update and still not have the "1" showing up on my app store icon?

I appreciate your responses.

2. petemwah macrumors regular

i don't think that's possible, as far as i'm aware you can't reject app updates, you can just choose not to install them...

3. NYYankees thread starter macrumors member

I was afraid this was the case :(

that "1" sticking up there will make me go crazy.......

4. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

Why not just hide it away on a back page? I never use the app store on the iPhone anyways as its not like updates are critical.

5. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

You could always turn the App Store off in the restriction preferences...

Also, I was thinking about this very same thing today. I don't wanna upgrade Jaadu VNC because their icon is now worse than ever. How cool would it be if you could swipe the update in the App Store and an "Ignore Update" button appeared and when you tapped it, it could gray out the update. To get the update back, just swipe again and choose "Un-ignore". It could be cool.

6. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Yeah, this is a problem that I am going to have to face sooner or later... As soon as the FreeMemory update comes out, I won't be updating..

7. firewood macrumors 604

Update the app on your iPhone to make the badge go away, then delete the app from your iPhone, and sync it back to your iPhone from iTunes, where you should have all your apps backed up.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

(1) Wouldn't the update badge pop up again the next time you open the app store on the iphone?

(2) iTunes also gives you annoying "nags" about app updates if you don't accept them. I've been wishing I could turn *those* off!

9. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Me to i want my battery percentage without jailbreaking!

10. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Nope, if the iPhone App Store already knows that there's an upgrade it doesn't forget in this case. I just tried the same thing thinking it would work (because I don't want the new ad supported version of TwitterFon) and I still have a little red badge after the downgrade.