Removing Volume with Disk Utility Help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by da1bu, Aug 28, 2008.

1. da1bu macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. I've recently used bootcamp to dual boot ubuntu, it kept freezing on each login so i went into disk utility, and am currently removing the disk volume for ubuntu - 32GB.

The problem is it's still preparing the removal and it's been 15 hours. When i try to quit the program it says that the operation is still going, so i don't quit as the partition will be damaged. So how long will it take to remove a 32GB volume - should it take this long? I'm using a Macbook Pro 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM.

Thanks.

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Dual booting with Ubuntu may causes problems, as Macs weren't made to run it. Did you "hack" it in order to install? Were there any installation problems?

3. da1bu thread starter macrumors newbie

To install it i partitioned my hard drive using boot camp, and manually created a partition for ubuntu and a linux swap partition during installation of ubuntu - no hacking. Installation went successfully without an problems.

How could i reformat my hard drive to 1 partition of OS X? This wouldn't be a problem as i've backed up all my data.

Thanks.