Removing WiFi Connection from iPhone Also Deletes it from iPad

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by mistabrad, Oct 10, 2016.

1. mistabrad macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a feeling this is a simple one, but I need to know how to "forget" a WiFi network on my phone, but keep it active on my iPad.

I have used an iPad and Mac for a while now, but just returned to the iPhone from Android with a 7 plus, my first iPhone since the 4. I have my iPad on the guest network at work, as I use it for music in the background, but do not want my phone on the network. The problem is, when I forget to manually shut off WiFi on the phone, it automatically connects. If I remove the connection from my phone, it also gets deleted from the iPad, and when I add it back, it reappears on the phone.

Can someone guide me to the setting that stops this from happening? Also, if I disable this, what else will I lose in terms of the devices seamlessly working together? Otherwise, I love how the products all just work together.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

So you have iCloud Keychain enabled? You can try disabling it to see if that allow you to do what you want.

3. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I believe the settings are synced via the iCloud Keychain sync and I think the only way to stop it is to disable keychain syncing in iCloud settings (which will also stop the syncing of passwords, etc)