Removing Wifi Sync

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Big Ells, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Big Ells macrumors 6502

Big Ells

I'm having issues trying to remove wifi sync off my mac. I've used the unistall terminal off their site and it asks for a password :confused:

Any help or is there an alternative way of uninstalling?

Thanks
    Elliott :eek:

2. homrb macrumors regular

its your computer password

3. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

This gave me a good laugh because it's just so..cutely funny.

4. Big Ells thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ells

Well of course i tried my password, but noting, still have wifi sync installed.

5. Beachball macrumors newbie

Removing wifisync

If you just keep pressing enter, it eventually says it is removed. it will say 3 failed attempts, but just keep going.

6. Big Ells thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ells

Thanks i managed to sort it, was due to having no password set on my mac book, so set a password and worked straight away.

7. nyra98 macrumors newbie

If you want to really remove it

If you want to really remove it, go to your hard drive in finder, then go to /Library/Application Support/ and then delete the folder Wifi Sync, then empty your trash, then in activity monitor, force quit the process wifisync.

P.S. when you empty the trash, if it says file is in use just keep clicking continue until it deletes it
    :apple:

8. graphicgypsy macrumors newbie

I'm having an awful time getting rid of wi-fi sync. I tried going into app support and deleting the folder, but the annoying icon is still at the top. Am I making sense? I'm so frustrated with this thing. :mad:

9. holy macrumors newbie

solve

ok dude.uhm first thing first.delete first the wifisync folder at library/application support/wifisync .after you already deleted it go to your utilities and select activity monitor open it and scroll it down youll will see wifi sync in the end then selected itand press quit and force it to quit and your done

10. rwmweco macrumors newbie

WiFi Sync on mac

still can't get rid of it, deleted in folders, and it won't force quit, any next suggestions