Removing Windows and Unpartitioning

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by exastris, Jun 26, 2009.

1. exastris macrumors newbie

I've seen a few threads about this, and I looked at all the advice about how to remove Windows. I just started up Bootcamp assistant and was on the verge of restoring to a single volume, but it only listed my Mac drive to be partitioned as "Mac OS X 231GB". On apple.com it says to select the drive with windows on it, but it isn't listed and it doesn't give me the option to pick a drive. Do I still click continue?

Also, I'm afraid of losing the data on my Mac drive. Is there any chance it would be lost if I went through with this method on Bootcamp?

Thanks!

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Regardless, you should always have a backup... always
    If you don't, you are flirting with disaster no matter what you do

Investing in a backup strategy is cheap these days and will save you a world of headache later

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. exastris thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reassurance! I just did it, it worked perfectly (and in about 20 seconds).

@MacDawg - Yeah, I always have a backup, though now I've learned the hard way that ComStar is absolute rubbish. Twice they broke on me when I took perfectly good care of them. The guy at Future Shop said I was just "unlucky" but that's bull. Ah well, I'm getting a new, reliable one soon.

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

ComStar doesn't make hard drives, just enclosures. It's what's inside that counts.

6. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

I'm thinking about removing Windows. But I just downloaded Battlefield Heroes and it is fun :p. Good to know it's easy and quick to do.

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Yes, it is simple, straightforward, and non-destructive through the Boot Camp Assistant

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]