Removing Windows using bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by aqualover001, May 17, 2010.

1. aqualover001 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I have installed thanks to bootcamp a windows partition on my macbook pro hard disk. basically on my mac, 10 Gb are for my windows and the rest for my mac.
    I realize now that the windows partition is for me completely useless and consequently would like to get rid of it.
    In bootcamp there's a icon that says it can restore my windows partition to a mac os partition. However - and that is my problem :eek: - it doesn't say if it will restore my whole computer back to 0... I was wondering if anyone had a idea....:confused:
    Thanks in advance for your answers!:)

Aqualover

2. rattydog macrumors newbie

I was in the same boat and found myself accessing my Bootcamp partition very rarely anymore - and usually only through Fusion.

With the Bootcamp assistant I simply clicked the Restore to Mac partition deal and all was fine.

3. aqualover001 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thanks! The thing is that I made a backup of my mac partition but I left it in my room in boarding school.... Since I'm only going back in 10 days I don't want to be stuck with a mac with no program lol.
    I'll give it a shot!

4. aqualover001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey everyone! ok so I followed what bootcamp told me and succesfully removed my windows partition.
    Now i am facing a new problem. Before when I used to have my window partition I had to press alt at the startup of my computer to chose weither or not I wanted to go on my mac or windows partition. Now that my windows partition is not here I supposed that I didnt need to press alt at the startup... however when I do not press alt I get a message saying that it cant find a disk to boot or something like that.... I have to press alt in order to have the picture of my mac partition to show up...
    How can I solve this issue??

5. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

You need to set your Startup Disk to the Mac. (System Preferences > Startup Disk)

Attached Files:

6. aqualover001 thread starter macrumors newbie