Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SevengerNC

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
Winston Salem, NC
Coming from Win it was pretty simple to rename a bunch of files in a folder all at once, but the only thing I've seen on MAC is to do it with Automator which I have yet to master. All I want to do is rename 8 photos, and it seems like I have to go thru an act of Congress to do so.

Is there a simple way to do this?

Thx

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Are these apps I dl thru the App Store ?

They probably are

Note, with the app store, apps that are free on the dev's site may very well cost money on the app store. I always look for the app on the both places to see if there is a difference.

The app that comes to mind is cyberduck....free on the dev site but like 30 bucks on the MAS

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Just checked name mangler, it's free for the first 25 launches. Wish there was a similar app that's free.
You can still use it after 25 launches. After that, you won't be able to rename more than five files at a time, and you won't be able to create or use droplets until you purchase a license. I still have a version that I installed back when it was completely free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.