Rename "Automatically Add to iTunes" Folder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hollerz, Jan 16, 2010.

1. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

Is there any way to rename the "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder? I've tried and it doesn't add them to iTunes if it's been renamed.

I know you can make an alias, but I want to put the folder in the Finder sidebar, and if you put an alias there it just puts the real folder there instead.

Only reason I ask is because it's got a really long name, and it looks out of place in the sidebar next to short name folders!

Thanks!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you rename it you have to re-select it in Preferences -> Advanced, "iTunes Media folder location."

3. hollerz thread starter macrumors 6502a

hollerz

Thanks for your reply, but I'm talking about the "Automatically Add to iTunes" Folder, not the "iTunes Media" folder.

4. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

I see your problem. It's a little bit odd indeed.

Possible workaround: Put the iTunes music folder in the sidebar. If you want to copy something, drag it to iTunes music, wait for it to springload and drag it to said folder. Just fractions of a second slower than what you wanted. :)

5. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Before this thread gets buried...

You can create an alias of "Automatically Add to iTunes" Folder and place that in the sidebar e.g. Movies, Music for transparency and easier access.