Rename Bookmark in Maps App - iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by dkl, Jun 24, 2013.

1. dkl macrumors member

Hello nice people! I just made the switch from Android to iPhone - and loving it so far! Now, I think I may have discovered a quirk... and I'm not sure if anyone else is also experiencing it. Here goes:

In the Maps app, after I bookmarked a location, I find it impossible to rename the bookmarked location. Well, technically, Maps allows me to "rename" the bookmark, but there's no way I could click on "Save" or "OK" to accept the change. Therefore, it's impossible to actually rename any bookmarks.

Does anyone here experience this too? Is there a workaround?

2. jcb1981 macrumors newbie

jcb1981

Re: Renaming a Bookmark in Maps Application

There is no glitch in this situation. You simply go to your bookmarked pins in the Maps application, then tap "Edit," tap the name of the pin you want to rename, rename it in the field provided, and then go back to "Bookmarks" by tapping the "Bookmarks" button in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. You will find that the dropped pin has been renamed and that there just isn't a "Save" button. Hope this helps.

3. dkl thread starter macrumors member

Funny that it would actually let me edit it then mot effect any changes nor let me save it.

4. jcb1981 macrumors newbie

jcb1981

It does let you save the edited bookmark on my Maps application. As soon as I rename it and then go back to the list of bookmarks it is there and renamed to exactly what I named it using the method I listed above. I'm sorry it's not doing that for you.

5. dkl thread starter macrumors member

Ok, I've figured how this works (and not work). Using the drop-pin method of creating a bookmark, Maps allows me to rename the bookmark to whatever I want it to be. But if the bookmark was created from a CONTACT, then it will refuse to allow me to rename the bookmarked location.

You see, I bookmark my mother-in-law's place and it seems all wierd to see her full name in my bookmark page. I'd like to rename it to something like "Mother-in-Law" instead - of which Maps will then refuse to allow me to rename.

My current workaround is to create a "contact bookmark", then view it on the map. After which, put a new drop pin just fractionally beside the "old" bookmark. Now if I created a new bookmark from this drop pin, I can then rename it.

Strange, but I still do see this as a bug as Maps will allow me to edit the name of a "contact" bookmark but refuse to allow me to save it.

6. jcb1981 macrumors newbie

jcb1981

Oh, well, yeah, then, that does sound like a bug. Sorry I couldn't help you.

7. dkl thread starter macrumors member

I was just wondering if it was just me or is that replicable?

8. jcb1981 macrumors newbie

jcb1981

Is what able to be replicated?