Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

happywisebird

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Does anyone know how to rename spaces in mission control?

I would like to rename full screen apps in mission control. This is specifically important for Microsoft Word's new full screen capacity. I love that I can have multiple word documents operateing in full-screen, but they are all labeled "Microsoft Word." I would like them to be labeled the document name.

Is there any script I can employ to change this?

Frozzie

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2011
I can guarantee you that it is not possible in any way at all. Nobody in the world has worked out how to do it, and if someone does, he will be a strong candidate for Nobel Prize.

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
Unfortunately, no. You can't even rename spaces for general purposes (like 1- Browsing; 2- Programming, etc...for example). Hyperspaces used to allow you to do that on SL, but now Apple pretty much shot that horse in the face with Mission Control.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
I suspect this is something Microsoft would have to program in. Safari (for example) when you have one window in full screen is just labeled "Safari" when you have multiple windows in full screen, the name is "Safari - TITLE" Where TITLE is the web page title from the selected tab for each window.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.