Renaming Photos

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacMonkee, Oct 29, 2007.

1. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

Is it possible to rename the pictures that you take with the iPhone's camera? Or are they named with the date and time the picture was taken and can only be renamed on the computer?

Thanks!

2. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I don't think there is any way to rename them on the iPhone itself.

3. artemka macrumors member

hey guys, is there anyway to transfer pictures from iPhone to computer from Caneta Roll folder ( those that u capture with iPhone camera)?

And why would u want to rename pics on iPhone if the name of picture isn't displayed anyways?

4. MacMonkee thread starter macrumors regular

MacMonkee

I don't want to rename the pictures for the purpose of viewing them on the phone its more for when I import them to iPhoto. Although it may be easier just to rename them on the computer! :p

5. artemka macrumors member

Yea probably easier to do it on comp and probably this is the only way. So u use iPhoto to transfer pics from camera roll folder to comp? Is iPhoto works on windows?

6. MacMonkee thread starter macrumors regular

MacMonkee

Sorry iPhoto is Mac only - you'd need to buy a good computer to run it ;)

Not sure what you can use on Windows to get the pictures off?

7. mrtune macrumors 6502a

In windows, you can open up my computer and the iphone will be in there shown as a removable drive. Open it up and drap and drop the pictures to any folder of your choosing.

You can also import the pictures to whatever photo program you use, the same way you would import pictures from a digital camera.

8. dec11ad, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011

dec11ad macrumors newbie

rename

I know this thread is old but I really need the option to rename photos for purpose of sending them to someone with a descriptive difference between two photos which are very much the same. even if it would require an app, is there still no way to do this on the iPhone?

9. dec11ad macrumors newbie

not even when i'm jailbroken?

10. stu1 macrumors newbie

Yes, Goodreader can do that. Import the photo into Goodreader, rename it, then email or upload it to wherever.