Renaming Photos

MacMonkee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
UK
Is it possible to rename the pictures that you take with the iPhone's camera? Or are they named with the date and time the picture was taken and can only be renamed on the computer?

Thanks!

artemka

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2007
hey guys, is there anyway to transfer pictures from iPhone to computer from Caneta Roll folder ( those that u capture with iPhone camera)?

And why would u want to rename pics on iPhone if the name of picture isn't displayed anyways?

MacMonkee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
UK
And why would u want to rename pics on iPhone if the name of picture isn't displayed anyways?
I don't want to rename the pictures for the purpose of viewing them on the phone its more for when I import them to iPhoto. Although it may be easier just to rename them on the computer! :p

artemka

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2007
I don't want to rename the pictures for the purpose of viewing them on the phone its more for when I import them to iPhoto. Although it may be easier just to rename them on the computer! :p
Yea probably easier to do it on comp and probably this is the only way. So u use iPhoto to transfer pics from camera roll folder to comp? Is iPhoto works on windows?

MacMonkee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
UK
Yea probably easier to do it on comp and probably this is the only way. So u use iPhoto to transfer pics from camera roll folder to comp? Is iPhoto works on windows?
Sorry iPhoto is Mac only - you'd need to buy a good computer to run it ;)

Not sure what you can use on Windows to get the pictures off?

mrtune

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
In windows, you can open up my computer and the iphone will be in there shown as a removable drive. Open it up and drap and drop the pictures to any folder of your choosing.

You can also import the pictures to whatever photo program you use, the same way you would import pictures from a digital camera.

dec11ad

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2010
rename

I know this thread is old but I really need the option to rename photos for purpose of sending them to someone with a descriptive difference between two photos which are very much the same. even if it would require an app, is there still no way to do this on the iPhone?

Last edited:

stu1

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2011
I know this thread is old but I really need the option to rename photos for purpose of sending them to someone with a descriptive difference between two photos which are very much the same. even if it would require an app, is there still no way to do this on the iPhone?
Yes, Goodreader can do that. Import the photo into Goodreader, rename it, then email or upload it to wherever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.