Rendering in Final Cut Pro/Final Cut Express

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by krewelement394, Oct 31, 2010.

1. krewelement394 macrumors regular

krewelement394

Aghh, i am so annoyed that i have to render everytime i make little changes i have to render the whole video project. I know there is a way i can render it once and just once. I heard of a program called MPEG StreamClip, but it did not work for me.

The instructions i fallowed where:
    Open video, and drag it to MPEG STREAMCLIP.
    Export to Quicktime

these are the settings i used....

[​IMG]

screen shot here

According to the person who provided the instructions, i was only suppose to mess with the settings highlighted in the screen shot. Sadly, this did not help, i still have to render.

Does anyone else do it differently?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The screenshot still does not work, you can either use TinyPic or the [​IMG] button to attach images to your post.

Anyway, FCE or FCP don't really like editing with strongly compressed footage and audio, thus it is advised to use the following settings for video and audio.

FCE:
    Compressor (video codec): Apple Intermediate Codec
    Sound: Uncompressed
    Size: unscaled​

FCP:
    Compressor: ProRes 422
    Sound: Uncompressed
    Size: unscaled​

And the Sequence Settings have to match the video settings as much as possible, otherwise you will still have to render.

Take a look at the manual of FCE or FCP, you paid for it anyway, what it says about proper preparation of footage and sequence settings.

Addendum:

Also make sure this is selected in the Preferences of FCE/FCP, thus you always get asked if you want to conform the sequence to your media if you drag the first clip onto it, thus the sequence, if you chose the right export settings in MPEG Streamclip, should have the right settings, thus no need to further render everything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. krewelement394 thread starter macrumors regular

krewelement394

sorry i fixed the link now, anyhow i tried using the setting syou gave me now, which is Pro422.
    it still does not work, well actually it sorta kinda works, it only works with some effects like the glow effects. However, if i try using a stylize effect such as, Bad tV or Bad film etc. it asks me to render.

here are the settings i i used.:

BY the way, there are more ProRes422 settings, there is just a ProRes422, a proRes422 proxy, a proRes422 HD, and a proRes422 LT.

Attached Files:

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Use the UNSCALED option in the FRAME SIZE section and try the Apple Intermediate Codec, as it might give you files with a smaller size.
    As for ProRes, ProRes 422 should suffice.

Can you post your Sequence Settings? I assume you use FCP, due to being able to use ProRes encoded footage?

And have you set the RT settings to Unlimited in order to not render every "good" effect?
    [​IMG]

5. krewelement394 thread starter macrumors regular

krewelement394

i probably forgot to mention this, but i am a complete new user to FCP, i used AF, but i found it too complex, our school has FCE and i found it a bit easier than AF. I decided to purchase FCP, thank god for student discounts, anyhow what are Sequence Settings?

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys