Rendering issues on 10.6?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by one1, Aug 30, 2009.

1. one1 macrumors 65816

I don't know how else to describe it. When I was on 10.5 I never had any issues, but since I upgraded to 10.6 when I go to choose a website from Top Sites, it does this scrambled colored lines thing before it renders the website.

Any ideas? Here's a video of it:

[​IMG]

Thanks for any help. :)

(whoops, meant to stick this in mac apps)

2. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

First off....don't you just love the new screen recording functionality.....makes it sooo easier to show the problem.

As for your problem....I too have the same issue on Safari top sites. However, it only seems to happen the first time. If I go back and select another site, it does the proper fade effect.

If I restart Safari....same thing. Same scrambled transition on the first top site click.

I'm on a MacBook4,1 (white with the GMA X3100 graphics).

On my 2006 Mac Pro with the NVIDIA 7300GT it doesn't happen.

-Kevin

3. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

I have the same issue, it only happens with some sites (such as this or Facebook).

4. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Heh, I'm hoping to try it tonight.... i used SnapzProX just because I always have so it's second nature to hit the hot key and start recording. :)

5. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Guess I just assumed you were using the new functionally. With how easy it is to use, I can see lot's of people using it to show off problems. Will make seeing what people are talking about much better.

-Kevin

6. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well at the moment snapz is faster with more options, having reviewed quicktime last night. All I have to do to screen record on snapz from anywhere is hit a hot key. I can choose things like follow the mouse, adjust the recording box size, etc...... I'll have to spend some more time with the new quicktime to see if I can make use of it. :)

7. Lordedmond macrumors regular

mine does the stripy thing only on the second row second column ?

8. matt3224 macrumors member

Me Too

It happens to me with very site everytime i click. it is annoying and i cant fix it have tried resetting safari and re installing safari with no avail.

I have a 24" iMac 8,1 with the 8800GS card :eek:

9. matt3224 macrumors member

10. matt3224 macrumors member

?

Anyone get anywhere with this i hope it's fixed in 10.6.1

11. gldelx macrumors member

not sure if mine is the same issue or something else, but since loading 10.6, I've been getting a scrambled screen like this when hitting the Top Sites button in Safari or when first opening Safari.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. akadmon macrumors 68010

Add me to the list of folks the random vertical stripe problem in Safari Top Sites under SL.

13. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Same vertical stripe problem with me.

Also, the animation of expose and spaces is a lot more jerky than it was with 10.5. I also am using a GMA950 Black Macbook.

14. fr0 macrumors member

Funny, I get it when I load up top sites. It doesn't happen every time, but sometimes when I hit cmd-T, I'll get a big scrambled mess before I actually see my top sites. It lasts for a couple of second and then it disappears. 10.6.1 anybody...?

15. gldelx macrumors member

did you see my screenshot a couple posts before you? here's another that's a little more messed up. I think the actual pattern is the same - it's just taking the top sites view instead of the previous website view so it looks so much crazier.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. waikikiTed macrumors newbie

I have this same issue on both a MacBook Air as well as my Mac Mini. Its more pronounced on the Mini (connected via HDMI). When I activate "spaces" it causes the screen to go into a synch handshake or at other times the screen freezes for a minute on a solid color (like a pea green).

On the MacAir I notice the same similar situation with the screen of lines appearing for a moment when launching certain websites.

Odd and frustrating

17. Van W macrumors member

I am seeing brief flashes of rendering problems, too. Although it seems pretty random, only when I click a few links on Safari. It corrects too quickly for me to see what's happening.