Renew contract without uograde

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by normanfox, Jul 23, 2014.

1. normanfox macrumors 6502a

I have old family plan with ATT with contract expired in Oct. Is it possible to renew plan in Oct without upgrading until iphone 6 5.7" is out? With rumor Apple delays 5.7 to late 2014.

I dont want to delay renewing plan because I want to be able to upgrade in the next cycle around Sep/Oct

2. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Nope. You pretty much only renew when you get the new phone. That said, iirc, AT&T has gone back to 18-20 month upgrades so unless they change the iPhone release cycle to 2nd quarter, you should still be fine next time.

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

4. normanfox thread starter macrumors 6502a

You meant Next? Which I would not use

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

You don't have to sign a new contract when your old one is up. Just continue paying your monthly bill and use your subsidized upgrade next year.

6. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Nope. I meant for the 2-year contracts. Can't find the press release/article though.

7. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

The 4.7" will be out for September, I don't think there will be a 5.5" one as there have been zero part leaks for it and the parties responsible for the original rumours are back peddling like **** now to cover their arses.

8. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Exactly. You don't have to renew anything until you want to. Just pay month to month until you are ready!

9. cynics macrumors G3

When your contract is up (expired) it only means you can leave ATT without penalty. Nothing will be affected as far as upgrades. Generally they offer an upgrade just to lock you back into a contract for another 2 years.

Basically don't change anything and get the new iPhone when it comes out. Time is on your side.