Renewing MobileMe before expiration date

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by osxnewbe, Jun 13, 2010.

1. osxnewbe macrumors regular

I was wondering if anybody has experience with renewing MobileMe well before your expiration date. My account is up for renewal in August and I recently bought a MobileMe subscription with my iPad to save $30.

My concern is if I key in the code today, my expiration date in 2011 will be the day I key in the code and not my original date.

It's no big deal, I can always hang on the code until August but that will be one less thing I have to keep up with if I can take care of it today...

Thanks...

2. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I just did this last month because I got a good deal from someone here! I entered in the code here: https://secure.me.com/wo/WebObjects/Signup.woa/wa/activation

and my account switched to say "Your account will renew by code on June 21, 2010". Underneath where it used to say $99, it now says $0.

3. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

I renew each year well before my expiration date. I type in the key when I receive it. MM updates to say that MM will automatically renew on my subscription date. When that date rolls around, it automatically renews.
    So no, you will not lose any time from your account if you enter the key before the expiration date.