Renovated Apple store and Microsoft store to share same hallway in Cincinnati

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bigsk8r, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Bigsk8r, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012

Bigsk8r macrumors 6502

Bigsk8r

I'm not sure that this is the correct place for this, but here it is. I went to Kenwood Towne Center today to look at the iPhone 5. I was surprised to see this:

[​IMG]

What was even more surprising is that I found the temporary location right next to a future MS store:

[​IMG]

To add even more interest to it, the new location is in a hiring mode right now and I have an interview this weekend. This makes me wonder if Apple is preparing for some kind of turf war with Microsoft in this mall. The finished locations will be down the same concourse only 100 - 150 yards apart.

I thought it was strange...

2. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Over here in the Bay Area new Apple HQ Valley Fair Mall, the Apple Store is right across the Microsoft store. You could cut the tension with a knife walking between the two. :D

3. Bigsk8r thread starter macrumors 6502

Bigsk8r

Okay, so my first foray into posting photos didn't go as planned, but the links do work...

----------

Loved Valley Fair when I lived in Sj back in the day...

4. apierrec macrumors 6502

Don't be caught in a crossfire! :D Oh well, Windows fanboys are probably not as scary as the Kool Aid Phandroids. Jk

5. Joalabear macrumors member

In Fashion Valley here in San Diego the Microsoft store is right next to the Apple store. I get a good chuckle at it every time :)

6. iViet macrumors member

Same thing with the mall of America in Minnesota, they're across from each other

7. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

Competing fashion boutiques and restaurants are also always near each other so I don't really find this surprising.

8. iViet macrumors member

What's even more funny is the apple store was packed, & the Microsoft store only had like 3 customers when I was there the other day

9. Bigsk8r thread starter macrumors 6502

Bigsk8r

That is what I expect to happen here as well. Microsoft fans here can view more than they would ever need at Microcenter, or just order from CDW, Tucows, etc.. as there is no real benefit to going to the Microsoft store.

It's just a big "me too" on Microsofts part that is going to lose them money, or at a minimum, encumber their retail operations with very low margin because their dollar per square foot has to be only a fraction of Apples.

10. appswipe macrumors 6502