Rent a mac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by WannaGoMac, Jun 27, 2007.

1. WannaGoMac macrumors 65816

Hi,

I can't buy a Mac due to corporate policies around capital purchases.

Does anyone know where I can rent a Mac (intel) for a couple months?

Thanks!

2. Richard Richard macrumors member

Richard Richard

Hello there... Me and Eddie used to rent our TV from Radio Rentals untill Eddie pawned it for Vodka and a jazz mag , But the lease was for 12 months and was very expensive

There are company's that lease Mac's but it's better to buy one, use it for a few months then sell it on Ebay

Cheerrie Byyee

3. WannaGoMac thread starter macrumors 65816

As I said, in the corporate world it is a CAPITAL purchase which I can't do. It has to come from operating money. Thus I have to do a rental.

4. Richard Richard macrumors member

Richard Richard

5. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

Ummmmm why can't you buy a mac? Your company doesn't allow you to purchse personal computers? I'm really confused about this... I never heard of a place someone works being able to keep them from buying something with their own money...? Just confused is all. Please explain? Where do you live?

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

There are plenty of places that rent Macs...not cheap though. Most are focused on the short-term market, frequently renting to conference exhibitors. Where are you located?

7. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I don't think the OP is talking about buying something with personal funds, but using corporate money. In that case, renting may be the only option, rather than buying outright.

8. WannaGoMac thread starter macrumors 65816

Exactly.

I was very surprised when I called Apple. Their lease to buy and normal lease options are TERRIBLE.

If Apple is serious about getting into the corporate/business world, they better get some decent lease ability setup cause it's just sh*t.