Rent content

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tech198, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Tech198 macrumors G5

If you rent content (movies in HD) in this case, on Mac, can you watch it on Apple TV?

My. Y gaoal is, i have multiple Apple TV's in the house, and since Apple retricts to one device, if renting from that same device..... I was thinking of renting it through on my Mac instead.

That way, anyone loogining into the same account would see i have rented this title and watch on the other Apple TV device.

2. poloponies Suspended

If you're renting through iTunes, you have 30 days to start watching but once you start you have only 24 hours until the rental expires. You can watch it over and over in that 24-hour window with the following limitations:

"Can I play my rental on more than one device?

If you download a rented movie on your computer: You can transfer it to a device such as your Apple TV (1st generation), iPhone, iPad, or iPod if it’s a standard-definition film (movies in HD can only be watched on your computer, iPad, iPhone 4 or later, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV). Once you move the movie from your computer to a device, the movie will disappear from your computer's iTunes library. You can move the movie between devices as many times as you wish during the rental period, but the movie can only exist on one device at a time.
    If you download a rented movie on your iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV: It is not transferable to any other device or computer."