Rent plastic boxes/bins

max2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Is there any place that does this? I can't find any in my location. :(

Will any of them ship to you?

I know we could just use boxes we buy but what will we do with all boxes afterwards ?

jeyf

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2009
its Sunday am so

pre moving
we got banana boxes, all the same size, from a commercial restrurant supply outfit before they threw them out.
did this over the course of better than a month's time
while the bail light is glowing; lots of boxes stacked everywhere in the abode.

after moving
-posted them for free on craigslist, physically put them on the front yard with a large 4free sign and ⅓ were taken
-those boxes remaining cut them up with a sharp knife and put them in the recycle bin, not all at once.
-for those new neighbor, that seemed not to chase cats as a hobby, i asked them if i could use their recycle bins

life advice
ever so often, feeling decreased emotional attachment to previous treasures, empty more remaining boxes, their condense to Buffalo Exchange and cut up / recycle.

go figure:
kill trees vs fracking oil

SDColorado

Contributor
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
I know we could just use boxes we buy but what will we do with all boxes afterwards ?
Aside from recycling. Some charities make routine deliveries of supplies and may take them if you are willing to break them down and drop them off.

Then as Jeyf mentioned, there is giving them away to friends, neighbors, etc.

Tech198

macrumors G5
Mar 21, 2011
Australia, Perth
Is there any place that does this? I can't find any in my location. :(

Will any of them ship to you?

Keep them... They come in handy later, particularly when you move :) No point in throwing them away or giving them away to make more space, than saying "i need boxes"..

Well, you just HAD boxes..

Reactions: jeyf