Rental Dry Spell

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by BoulderBum, Sep 26, 2008.

1. BoulderBum macrumors 6502a

Is it just me, or has the rental selection the past month or two really stank.

There are some worthwhile ones coming soon: Speed Racer, Leatherheads, the Forbidden Kingdom, etc., but I think the last really good rental I watched was "21" which is a bit crusty already!

It isn't Apple's fault, mind you, just an observation that there aren't many good movies out now.

2. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

"21" isn't worth renting.

First off, the guy gets a 44 on his MCAT, has a 4.0, and is told he's not good enough to get into their medical program? :eek::eek:

The highest you can get is a 45. I don't think anybody has ever gotten a 44 much less a 45.

Not the greatest acting either.

3. Puddinman macrumors member

Yeah, my wife is a Dr. and we both thought that was funny. She had a 3.8 and a very average MCAT score. Didn't go to MIT either.

4. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

A bit of skewed reality is HARDLY that movie's worst attribute. ;)

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I don't rent but prefer to buy every movie I like. It's been a few months since I've actually purchased any movies. There just isn't anything worthwhile.

6. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

My fiancee and i plan on buying a new tv for Christmas this year. I'd like to get a apple tv and buy or rent movies from our couch instead of wasting gas to drive to the video store and taking the chance that the movie is rented already.

But the selection on itunes just isn't enough for me. I want more verity.

Same with TV shows.

7. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

I wish the UK store had the variety the US store does!

8. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

I think we are seeing a delayed result of the writer's strike. Remember during the strike there were lots of movies coming out, but that's because those were written a year ahead of time. Now the lack of writing has made its way to the theaters.

9. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

I haven't looked at the UK store much. But i would believe that the US has more content than any other store.