rentals on itunes...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by applegoddess09, Apr 15, 2008.

1. applegoddess09 macrumors member

applegoddess09

As I was wandering through the iTunes store, yet again, I found myself wondering: why doesn't Apple allow TV shows/seasons as rentals? Like, if there is a certain show(s) that you like but don't necessarily want to keep on your computer, maybe instead you can pay a price and rent them.

For example: I like the Hills (or whatever) but sometimes I miss the show. I know that I can watch it for free on mtv but I hate the streaming and I can't pause without it messing up. So what would be cool is if I could pay a price and whenever a new episode is ready it downloads to my computer. Then I have one week to watch it before the next new episode airs. That way I can watch it and then it gets erased from my hard drive just in time for the next new show.

I hate buying. I prefer to rent, just like the movies. Why can't all movies have the option of buying AND renting. It would make my entertainment watching easier and more enjoyable. I do have plenty of space on my MB but I hate spending upwards of ten bucks to buy something. I like to rent for like three or four dollars, watch, and then rent something else. Occasionally, I find super cheap movies in the store, and just watch it via DVD. (Whenever I finally get my mini, all my DVDs will be burned to that.)

All in all, I am just saying, am I the only one who wished Apple would let us rent (a) tv shows and (b) more movies? I might be. That is okay.

What are your thoughts/opinions?

drs.

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Because TV shows are to pricy, so they thing people would rather buy then rent them.

All has to do with TV studios wanting to sell vs rent.(same reason why some movies are rent vs buy vs both)

3. applegoddess09 thread starter macrumors member

applegoddess09

4. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

DVR
    PVR
    TiVo

There are many more rentals than buyable movies, studios didn't really like selling downloads as much as they do renting them. Dunno, maybe they think if you rent it you'll like it and go out and buy the DVD.

What are you going to rent a tv show for, a dollar.
    The only thing that would make sense is a $15 a month subscription that lets you rent tv shows. You don't keep them, but can download and view them for 30 days. But they would still probably have to tier that based on how many tv shows you can rent per month. $15 per month won't get you unlimited.