Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
That's a 1st -had intended to purchase a movie -fingers slipped accross iPad Pro 10.5
Found I have rented -how annoying!
£1 u.k. cost difference and I have 29days rental for a movie choice which should have been added to my small movie library.
Maybe next months pay and I'll be able to purchase :)

BODYBUILDERPAUL

Suspended
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
Thanks though my mistake I'll watch movie rental and purchase in a few weeks.
It's not a problem buddy. iTunes will refund you with no questions asked.
Enjoy the film :)
[doublepost=1538247466][/doublepost]PS Enable the setting where it asks you to confirm 'Are you sure that you want to rent this film?' 'Are you sure that you want to buy this film?'

I like these features very much :)

Reactions: Donfor39

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
I wish there was an option to purchase a film after you rent it.

There's been a few instances where I've rented a movie, enjoyed it & would like to purchase it. Would be great if that option was there to pay the difference within the 48 hour rental period....(vs paying the full price)

BODYBUILDERPAUL

Suspended
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona

There's been a few instances where I've rented a movie, enjoyed it & would like to purchase it. Would be great if that option was there to pay the difference within the 48 hour rental period....(vs paying the full price)
I agree! That would be quite a good marketing idea for Apple too.
I've seen a few films recently that I've ended up buying because they left imprints on my heart :)

Platforms like Netflix work well towards iTunes favour as i've seen films on there that i've loved (Independents, Foreign film) and immediately bought it on iTunes to own.

Reactions: Donfor39

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland

Sensible option which could have lead me to continue viewing trilogy

zarmanto

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2014
Around the corner from the 7/11
I wish there was an option to purchase a film after you rent it. ...
Just because there isn't a formalized option for this purpose, doesn't mean you have no options at all. Apple is typically very happy to refund a customer when they know that the refund is just going to immediately be re-purposed into a larger purchase. It's called "buyer's remorse," and nobody likes that feeling.

I purchased a Mac Mini from my local Apple Store several years ago, but realized shortly after unwrapping it at home that I would have been much happier if I had purchased the i7/1TB model instead of the i5/512GB model... I went back to the store several days later, and they happily swapped my purchase out for me with no questions asked. That was in 2012, and I'm still quite happy with that purchase; the Mini still drives my home theater to this day.)

In another example from 2016, I found myself chatting with an iTunes Store rep: my wife had purchased the first movie in the Harry Potter collection, fully planning to buy the entire collection... but for whatever reason, it simply didn't occur to her that she could have bought all eight movies as a set to reduce the overall cost. I came home from work just about as she was ready to buy the second movie, and I bought the full set for her instead. Then, knowing full well that Apple had no financial incentive to help me out in this situation, I went ahead and asked the question anyway... they cheerfully refunded me for that initial purchase -- again, with no questions asked.

So I would say, it's probably worth a few minutes of your time to at least ask the question. After all, what can it hurt, right?

Reactions: Coffee50
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.