Rented movie not showing up on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Oneness, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Oneness macrumors regular

Here is the problem.... I rented a movie off of iTunes and then transfered it to my iPhone. Everything seemed to go okay - (1) The movie moved from the lefthand column to the righthand column (this is under the 'Video' tab) (2) I had an internet connection (as required) and the movie took 5 min to copy over to the iPhone (3) The movie appeared under 'Rented Movies' which is under 'iPhone' in the lefthand side menu in the iTunes window (4) And the status bar (the one that tracks the amount of free space/app space/photo space/video space) which is under the 'Info' tab properly updated and showed that 1.4gb of video space was now occupied in the iPhone.
    However, the movie does not show up in the iPhone itself. I go to the 'iPod' icon and then to 'Videos' and I get the message 'There are no videos on this iPhone'.
    So, am I just missing something here or does my iPhone have video constipation?
    Thanks for any help.

2. georgelewisray macrumors newbie

Same problem here .... ?
    I rebooted, then updated firmware, then forced a few apps and TV shows off just to shake up the directory and the movie finally showed up ???