Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ac4lt

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Broadlands, VA
In itunes 10.7 is it possible to reorder the columns shown in the itunes column browser?

I can enable and disable the columns but I can't seem to change the order of the columns.

Nov 28, 2010
located
I can do so via clicking on the column and holding down the mouse button and dragging the column to another position.
I use iTunes 10.7 on Mac OS X 10.6.8.

ac4lt

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Broadlands, VA
I can do so via clicking on the column and holding down the mouse button and dragging the column to another position.
I use iTunes 10.7 on Mac OS X 10.6.8.

You are doing this with the column browser columns (brought up with cmd-B) and not the normal columns? Mine remain resolutely undraggable.

ac4lt

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Broadlands, VA
I appreciate the reply, but the columns I'm trying to reorder are the ones above that. Those are what itunes calls the "column browser". They don't appear to be draggable.

The strange thing is mine aren't in the normal order so I must have reordered in the past but can't recall how I did it.

Nov 28, 2010
located
I appreciate the reply, but the columns I'm trying to reorder are the ones above that. Those are what itunes calls the "column browser". They don't appear to be draggable.

The strange thing is mine aren't in the normal order so I must have reordered in the past but can't recall how I did it.

Ah, sorry, misunderstood you. What order are they in on your computer?
Genre - Artists - Albums?

ac4lt

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Broadlands, VA
Ah, sorry, misunderstood you. What order are they in on your computer?
Genre - Artists - Albums?

If I have all 5 columns enabled, they are, from left to right: genres, composers, groupings, artists, albums. Perhaps my memory is mistaken but I thought I remembered composers being the rightmost column.

I'd like to put them in this order: groupings, genres, artists, albums, composers. It would aid in the metadata cleanup I'm doing right now. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.