Reorder Third Party Menu Bar Items

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jeremybuff, Mar 28, 2009.

1. jeremybuff macrumors regular

I am having a bit of an issue. I understand that holding down command, clicking on an OS X menu bar item and dragging right or left will allow me to reposition the menu bar items. However, how do I do this with third party applications?

I can only reposition Leopard's menu bar items. Does anyone have any ideas that they would be willing to share?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

So far, the only solution I see is to quit the apps, and reopen them in the order you want them to appear ... from right to left.

3. jeremybuff thread starter macrumors regular

Man, it just seems like there should be an easier way for this. I'll search around the Internet and see what I can dig up. So far, I have not found anything useful.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Good luck to you, if you find something, post it here so we can share. It seems to be a fairly common question.

5. jeremybuff thread starter macrumors regular

I will certainly repost. I noticed that Apple never official released information so that developers could create menu bar items, so they are all "hacks". I guess they didn't want Mac OS X to become cluttered like Windows. Oh well, I'll keep searching for it.