Reordering Spotlight Search Results

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by iFanaddic, Jul 28, 2016.

1. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Since i've been on iOS 10 I've started using Spotlight more and more, but I realized that most of my results are not in the order i want. I can't seem to be able to reorder them the way I did in previous iOS versions. Can anyone help?

(I went to Settings >General >Spotlight Search)

Attached Files:

2. Shawzborne macrumors 6502a

Shawzborne

3. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Oh really! OH well I guess it was notifications we could reorder then... what a bummer! Thanks

4. KALLT macrumors 601

That is not true. You could do this before iOS 8. El Capitan lost this functionality as well.

iOS-7-Spotlight-Setting-250x375.png

5. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Haha! I knew it!

Weird that Apple has left it out since it has an impact on the usability of the Spotlight feature. I guess that my chances of seeing it added back to iOS 10 are low since it wasn't in iOS 9 either. :(

6. KALLT macrumors 601

It is unfortunately one of those obscure changes that Apple occasionally makes. They always quietly remove some useful features for seemly incomprehensible reasons.

They also did not do anything to reduce the size of the list at Spotlight settings either. Only a few of my third-party apps actually support the Spotlight APIs, but the settings shows all apps regardless, even though they do not even appear in search results.

7. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

I find this super annoying. This is something I've been requesting ever since it went away. It would be 10x more helpful to me if the web search button were at the top of the results instead of having to wade through everything else...