Reorganize where the icons are

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Beachguy, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Beachguy macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

On my iPads, I've noticed a change in behavior lately- whereas before, a new app went to the end of the line, the last page of icons, suddenly I am seeing them apply at the beginning. On my iPad 2 under iOS 6.01 (10A523) I am even seeing apps add on the "Apple" page where the settings are, the app store, and other such Apple apps installed by default.

Any idea why this is occurring? Also, is there an easy way to reorganize what page an app appears on? On my older iPad 2, I have some apps I would like grouped together but they are spread over several pages. I can't find an easy way to move these apps together. On a single page it's no problem, but from page to page (especially with several in between) is very irritating and difficult.

Thanks!

2. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

Seems to be random for me, but usually a new app will appear on one of two pages. Most of the time it appears beside the App Store icon. But sometimes it'll appear on the following page, even though there's still room on the first.

I have my App Store icon on the second home page. So an app will appear either on the second or third page.

I haven't tested moving around the App Store though, so I don't know if it will change the location of new apps if I move it.

3. Beachguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

Interesting. (And yes, the first page is actually the search page.) My iPad 3 acts differently from the iPad 2. On the iPad 3 the apps load last. The iPad 2 did the same until about 2 weeks ago.