Rep?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by el-John-o, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el-John-o macrumors 65816

Hey all,

Has the addition of the REP system every been considered? It seems to work very well on technology forums where questions are asked, you ask a question, someone gives you an informed answer, you give them "rep". It becomes a mini-competition and actually works very well on a lot of forums.

Macrumors is a great community and most people answer questions well, but I think with a rep system it may improve even more. I admit, I could care less about the rep, on another forum I frequent that uses it I often get complained-at for not "rep+'ing people", but whatever, it works, and the folks who want something next to their name to show how cool they are will work for it.

The downside of course, is repeat answers (like 7 or 8 people in a row with the exact same answer), as well as overall crappy answers, just to get rep, but all in all I think it is a positive system.

-John

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Would one up their reputation by searching before they post a thread that's been done at least a dozen times before?

3. MacDawg, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010

MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.