'Repackaged' iPad 2 @ Target

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jenlevin, Apr 10, 2011.

1. jenlevin macrumors regular

Have been looking for a 16gb wifi for myself (wanted a 32, but decided to be cheap). Target inventory showed limited availability of black 32gb wifi locally, so I headed on over. Hoped with it showing up around 1pm on a Sunday afternoon that maybe it'd be an open box return, marked down 5% or so. Got to the store and saw it on the shelf with no wrapping on the box but also no special price tag. Asked the employee about it, she took it out and showed it to me. Stated it was returned by a customer who never used it, and was being sold for full price. I told her I would check the warranty/registration status and if it showed as not being registered I would go ahead and buy it. Was registered a week ago. Long story short - was able to purchase it as an open-box item. THIRTY percent off (plus an additional 5% off, using a Target debit card.) Definitely wasn't expecting that sort of deal. USB cable was not in the box (didn't see this until in the car, but it wasn't anything to turn around and complain about). Heck of a deal. The employee that ended up helping me stated that usually when they have them returned, an employee buys it within an hour since they're marked down so much. Heck of a deal, couldn't have hoped to buy a used one for that price any time soon.

2. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

NICE DEAL! I got my iPad 1 that way from BB..